Hula Hoop Yoga Workshop with Zia
Hoop Yoga seamlessly weaves together two magical forms of meditation and joy: yoga and hula hoop dance.
This practice builds on yoga sequences in new ways — wherein hoops become tools for alignment and self-adjustment for the physical yoga (asana) practice, and the spinning movement of the hoop becomes a way to dive deeper into the meditative focus.
Zia uses yoga-based techniques to warm our muscles and connect with our breath, and hoop tricks to release fears and connect with our inner child. In each workshop, we build an asana sequence and series of hoop moves through which we can dive deeper.
- Tones the core and improves posture
- Encourages weight loss
- Supports bone health through gentle, weight-bearing exercise
- Encourages a healthy heart through low impact, cardiovascular fitness
- Massages the internal organs through the rotation of the hoop around the body
- Increases healthy and positive thoughts
- Reduces stress and releases feel-good hormones
- Helps you focus on what you want to be, do and create
- Supports left and right brain hemispheric communication
- Stimulates Creativity
To learn more about Zia and what she offers, please visit: https://www.ziakusumawardini.com/jeda